American Business Group Milan
Speaker for April 2008 Lunch
Film Director Alina Marazzi was born in 1964 and lives in Milan. Her lastest film Vogliamo anche le rose, currently playing in cinemas, aims to portray the deep changes brought on by the sexual revolution and the feminist movement in Italy during the 1960's and 1970's. Through this movie, Alina Marazzi analyzes recent history as seen from a female point of view including irony, affection, rigor and lightness.
With a background as a producer of documentaries, Alina has also been assistant director of feature films for cinema and has worked on art projects. Her film Un'ora sola ti vorrei won numerous international awards, including the prize for best documentary at the 2002 Torino Film Festival and the 2003 Newport International Film Festival, as well as the special jury mention at the 2002 Locarno Film Festival and the 2002 Florence Festival of Peoples.
- Vogliamo anche le rose, 2007
- Per sempre, 2005
- Un'ora sola ti vorrei (For One More Hour with You), 2002, 55 min.
- Il sogno tradito, 1999, 46 min.
- Ragazzi dentro, 1997, two 45-min. segments
- Il Ticino è vicino?, 1995, 46 min.
- Mediterraneo, il mare industrializzato, 1993, 52 min.
- Il declino di Milano, 1992, 52 min.
Alina will speak about her latest film.
Register now for the next luncheon.